Receptionist/Front of House Assistant – Careys Manor
Type – Full time, permanent (weekly rota incorporating evening and weekend shifts across 5 days)
Reports to – Head Receptionist
Location – Careys Manor Hotel. Situated 5 minutes’ walk from Brockenhurst Village and train station with excellent rail links to Bournemouth, Southampton and London. The New Forest is a lovely setting with ponies, deer and other animals roaming throughout the Forest and its villages, and beautiful surroundings.
Careys Manor & SenSpa is a luxury four-star hotel and spa located in the beautiful village of Brockenhurst, surrounded by the glorious scenery of the New Forest. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and attentive service. This is a superb opportunity for someone seeking a Front of House role in a professional and friendly company.
A Summary Of The Job
The role of the Front of House Assistant is to extend warm and professional assistance to Hotel guests from the moment they arrive at the hotel. Providing excellent levels of guest care, creating memorable experiences and exceeding expectations is an essential part of this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to work at an award winning hotel and would suit someone looking to make use of their existing skills or develop a career in hospitality.
- Work flexibly as part of the team
- Complete check-ins and check-outs at Reception
- Communicate with knowledge of our Hotel & Spa facilities to guests to upsell services
- Support and undertake conference operations duties, ie serving refreshments to conference delegates
- Provide guests with information, acting as an ambassador for the hotel, spa, the New Forest and its attractions
- Ensure front of house areas and the property presents well at all times
- Familiarity with reception systems such as Opera/Fidelio would be a distinct advantage although not essential.
- The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance during these times. All staff undergo mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
- We have devised a health & safety program in accordance with HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Hospitality – our support partner. Our internal operating practices will be reviewed to reflect ongoing recommendations.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Staff accommodation subject to availability
- Leisure membership of our award winning SenSpa facility
- Uniform and workwear provided
- Staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential
- Friends and Family discounts in our Hotels, Spa, and Restaurants across Group
- Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action
- Annual leave. Long serving staff enjoy enhanced holiday entitlement
- Long Service annual celebratory dinner
- Pension; eligible team members benefit from a NEST pension scheme
- Free parking on site